Saturday, January 16, 2010

I SAID GOODBYE TO BUDDY YESTERDAY…..

My precious Buddy closed his eyes for the last time yesterday!
The Doctors said there was no hope for his cancer recovery, only pain!So my courageous husband and son cradled Buddy in their arms, as the Doctor did the rest!
Today, there was no gentle nudge (from Buddy) with an intense "I love you gaze",only a heart that’s filled with tears remembering the joy filled days with him in my life!
Our Lord, family and friends have given me great comfort! Thank you all.
Please continue to help me CELEBRATE the 8 years of Buddy’s life….
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: In Memory of Buddy
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

To My Dearest Buddy-
I thought about you all night long. I miss your face everywhere in our home and I cry. You are much more than a dog, you are my four legged Baby Son!
I wish you were in the kitchen, begging for treats. I wish you were in the family room, begging to go outside and potty. I wish you were in our bed, hogging the space like you usually do!
I find myself clinging to your doggy sweater, just to smell your precious scent again!
You’ve helped me through many lonely moments, when I was home alone!I used to think you look so smart, the way you’d sit and stare.
You’d always lend a thoughtful ear! And I miss the way, on my cheek you’d lay a little doggy kiss.
You have shown me what absolute unselfishness looks like, in this selfish world. You have taught me the meaning of devotion.
I know you’re gone for good now, though it is hard for me to believe…that you won’t come when I call your name! Or bark…every time the doorbell rings, or a squirrel runs across our yard!
You told me you loved me - a thousand times over….by the way you would rests against my leg, by the way you thumped your short little tail at my smallest smile, and by the way you showed your hurt when I left the house.
I know you didn’t leave me empty handed, you left me a part of you. I will always remember how much you loved me, and the thoughtful things you’d did.
It is hard for me to realize you won’t beg for anymore treats or just hang out with me! And, it is hard for me to say goodbye, so rest is peace…my precious Buddy.
I’ve asked God to place a doggy-door in Heaven! And let YOU run to greet me when I get there!
Love you ton’s-Mom

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those of us who have pets can't imagine life without them. Such a unexplainable connection exists between humans and animals. Every time we've had to say good-bye to a pet, I've told myself not to get another one - just to avoid the pain. Then God sends us another cat...or dog...and the love starts all over again.
Sandy and Mandy

Anonymous said...

Saying good-bye to a loving pet is so very hard to do. We lost our little Sugar when she was hit by a car and our precious Ginger when she went blind and was full of cancer. Each time we cried and vowed that we were not going to have another pet! But now we have our handsome Rudy(10yrs old)and I know that the day will come when we have to say good-bye to him also. But I now know that a pet is one of God's helpers. They love us unconditionally and comfort us when we are sad. They bring us joy and happiness! Anyone who has truely loved a pet, has experienced a wonderful gift from God!:)
God Bless Buddy!
Denny and Jeanne

Kendra said...

So sorry to hear about Buddy Pam. My heart breaks for you :-(

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss of Buddy. Know what a special doggy he was to you. Since we just loss our Henry to cancer also do feel your sadness. Our little doggy was like yours in filling a huge place in our hearts. Love to you, amc

Lindsey said...

Pam,

I'm so sorry to hear of your sweet puppy dog's passing! I know what it's like, as I also have had to say goodbye to beloved pets over they years... The funny thing is that the aren't just "the pet" ~ they truly are a real, live, active member of the family! :-) Praying the memories of Buddy's hugs and kisses and devotion to you will give you comfort at his difficult time. Thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet letter to Buddy, Pam. I know what your heart is feeling. We still miss our baby Aurora.

Just like the loss of all family and friends, you have wonderful memories.

writings of an infertile wannabe stepford wife said...

you are so strong, right now my little sweety "Campino" is fighting cancer and i am having a hard time telling myself what is too much for her. I pray that when her time comes i will be able to handle it as well as you are.

Pam Riley said...

Bless you and Camino! Cherish every moment and ask the Lord to fill your heart with JOY, no matter what tomorrow may bring!

Nothing can replace the spot Buddy held in my heart, and my tears have come like a roaring flood!
They came for a few minutes...even TODAY! :-(

I'm just so grateful that when I am at my weakest...the Lord carries me! He always shows me the rainbow, after every storm!

Watch for the rainbow sweet friend! It's there for all who truly seak it!

Unknown said...

Im so sorry you lost your baby Buddy. I do know the pain you are going through. You are in my prayers. God bless you much!

Pamyla




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved