Friday, June 13, 2008

Learning to Rest and be Blest.

Pam’s Page 14– “Friendship”
Hello sweet girlfriends-

Has this week been a little too busy? As we head into another week-end, are you dreaming of a little “quiet time”? A little break from life? Does it feel like - you can’t handle one more detail or take one more step? You just want to close your eyes and meditate on happy thoughts?

If you said YES to any of those questions, I can relate! As a matter of fact, the picture below is my “SELF PORTRAIT” to summarize me taking control of my environment and finding total peace and relaxation on my back (tee-hee)!

*PICTURE: Notice my little hairy legs are perfectly crossed at the ankles (tee-hee)! Enjoying the warm laptop on my back (oh...yah)! This is the peeeeeeeeerfect way to relax!
So have I convinced YOU to rest yet? To take control of YOUR environment and just relax? Or are you totally convinced I am crazy (tee-hee)?
Well maybe you'll be inspired by the poet - Helen Steiner Rice as she writes……….

- LEARN TO REST SO YOUR LIFE WILL BE BLEST -
We all need “short vacations”in life’s fast and maddening race-
An interlude of quietnessfrom the constant, jet-age pace….
So, when your day is pressure-packedand your hours are all too few,
Just close your eyes and meditateand let GOD talk to you,
For, when we keep on pushing,we’re not following in GOD’S WAY-
We are foolish, selfish robotsmechanized to fill each day
With unimportant triviathat makes life more complex
And gives us greater problemsto irritate and vex…
So, when your nervous networkbecomes a tangled mess,
Just close your eyes in silent prayerand ask THE LORD to bless
Each thought that you are thinking,each decision you must make,
As well as every word you speakand every step you take,
For only by the grace of GODcan we gain self-control
And only meditative thoughtscan restore your “PEACE OF SOUL.”


2 Corinthians 9:8And God is able to make all grace abound toward you…..

PRAYER-
Dear God,
I give You
praise and thanks
for the blessings in my life.
Teach me to take all
my cares to you.
To meditate on Your Word
each and every day.
Amen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
I love your crazy "self-portrait" photo! :) But I must say I loved the analogy more and I think the Helen Rice poem was perfect for me sister! Thanks for letting God use you to encourage me. It has been a rough emotional journey with nothing to show for it so far. Some day...I keep praying.

Hope you have a great relaxing time this week-end.

Blessings,
The Chatty Iowan

Anonymous said...

That picture is so funny. Seriously...funny.

You are a hoot and a half.
If that's a self-portrait....you need to seriously shave your legs, well shave everything girlfriend!

LOL-
Kathy L.

Front Porch Society said...

I agree with Chatty Iowan....it has indeed been a rough emotional rollercoaster of a ride this last week or so here with no light at the end of the tunnel. I am holding on to every last deep breath I can take because there are moments I just want to break down and cry. And I don't cry. Ever. For any reason. But deep inside I am still a woman and still a human being. And it is during times like this that I am realizing just how human I am when faced with such a disaster as our city is dealing with.

Pam Riley said...

Thank you two for sharing your pain so openly! My prayer for this Blog has been that we "girls" open our hearts to each other and pray for one another! Recognizing we ARE just human, not "Super Woman"!!
So we can be each others encouragers!

Absolutely, we ALL have found ourselves in situations and facing obstacles that seem insurmountable! Times when tears rush in like a lion, and we wish the pain would leave for good! It feels like a desert experience that just won't end!!!

Press on girlfriends, I know it's terribly hard right now...but sunny days (happier times) will return. Keep looking for the rainbows! God's promise is one we can count on!

I'm Pulling & Praying for you!
Thank you again for sharing from the heart!!!!

With Love & Huge Respect-
Pam

Anonymous said...

Pam,

Thank you so mucn for the post this morning! I needed to smile and get past my reality! I am finding more doubts the enemy is whispering in my ear! Praise God for posts like this one to help me cast those wrong thoughts down!

God is so good, and yet we are always looking for that short cut, he doesn't want us to do that. The journey is the precious part for God.

LOL-
Brenda




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved