Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Precious Mothers 80th B-Day Celebration!

Pam’s Page 16 – “Family Life”My Mom's Surprise Party Next Sunday…………

Ethel Harrington will Celebrate her 80th Birthday!Event -Open House Sunday June 29th
Location - Senior Center 105 S.4th St., Clear Lake, Iowa
Time - 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.

Come join us, if you are in the area! Please no gifts!













Mom came from a family of 12 children; was born and raised in Vermillion, SD.She and Dad were married for almost 61 years when he passed away on Aug.18, 2005.
They moved to Clear Lake in 1957 when Dad went into the Insurance Industry, his office was in our home.

Two Picture’s: Her Wedding in 1947 - My Wedding 1975












My Mom is truly one of my very best friends, but she is a friend to many! People often comment about her fun outlook on life and her passion to serve others! She loves her volunteer work at the Clear Lake Senior Center and Oakwood Care Nursing Home. She is an active member of her Methodist Church and offers a friendly smile to everyone in her community!

Mother to three -Dave Harrington and his wife Janelle of Clear Lake, IA; Steve Harrington and his wife Phyllis of Sioux City, IA; myself (Pamela Riley) and my husband Scott.
Grandmother to five- John Harrington and his wife Kristie of Edmond, OK; Sheri (Riley) Prescott and her husband Tony of Fort Meade, MD; Willem Riley of Lakeville, MN; Adam Harrington and his wife Shawna of Sioux City, IA; Amber Harrington of Sioux City, IA
Great Grandmother to five- Bethany, Brandon and Bailey Harrington; Savannah and Alisa Prescott
Mom is truly a Wife of Noble Character!
She has lived these verses in PROVERBS 31:
10 An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.
11 The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.
12 She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.
20 She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy.
25 Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
27 She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
29 “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
I’m honored to call her - “Mom”
I’m blessed to surprise her with an 80th Birthday Celebration. To take that day and express my gratitude for all she has meant in my life, all she has meant in the lives of MANY!!!!
Thank you Lord-…..for such an awesome Mother, role model, mentor and friend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I marvel at your blog everytime I read it. The LORD has blessed you with a deep feeling for us all and what we need to hear. Thank you, and have a wonderful time at your mom"s 80 surprise party. ac

Front Porch Society said...

Your mom is an amazing women! I can remember her taking the time to talk to us girls when we had sleepovers at your house on the lake back when I was in elementary school. I always thought Sheri had the coolest grandmother! :) Please tell her Happy Birthday for me!!

Anonymous said...

I too have found your mom to be an amazing women! You both have been one great mother-daughter example I have wanted to follow!
I've tried to build that same loving relationship with my two daughters!
Please wish Ethel a Happy 80th Birthday from me and MANY more to come!!!!

Blessings-
Kathy L.

Anonymous said...

I was reading the Sunday paper the other day only to come across your mom's picture and birthday announcement! (I recognized her immediately, from pictures on both your and Sheri's blogs.) What a special event! May God bless your time together next weekend as you celebrate the amazing person and blessing she is! :-)

~Lindsey

Front Porch Society said...

Heh, Pam, how is Sheri doing? Have they made it safely to the D.C. area and gotten settled in alright? I keep checking with her website to see if she is doing okay but no word yet so I thought I would ask you.
USA

Pam Riley said...

Yes, Sheri & Tony just moved into their home in DC. The movers delivered their furniture two days ago.

They love all the area and showing the girls all the historical sites!

They are now living on base and Sheri loves it, because she feels really safe....with Tony gone so much.

Sheri has her computor inernet hooked up today. So she probably will be back adding posts to her blog soon, once all the unpacking is done!

Thanks for asking!
Love-
Pam

Sheri said...

Mom, oh how I wish I could have been at Grandma's party... but I loved seeing the pics! You need to post some on your blog!

I love you and can't wait to see you soon!!!!

Front Porch Society said...

Pam,
Thanks! I headed over there just now and so excited to see everyone is doing well! :)
USA

Kristin said...

I think that Ethel is one hip chick. She always looks awesome and her smile lights up the room.

Happy 80th Ethel.

Kristin

Elsie G. Stibral said...

Hi Cousin Ethel, I want to wish you a late birthday and I knew you and I were about the same age. Gosh you look good but always thought you were a very beautiful lady. Went to Phiip S.D. Monday and talked to Steve Millage and he ask about all you kids oh did we have a good visit. He is 54 years old. Take care Ethel and let's have many many more. Your cousin Elsie Gregg Stibral, Brookings, S.D.




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved