Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Jiggle Diaries

Pam’s Page 20 – “Friendship”
Hello.

My name is Pamela Sue Riley and much to my dismay I have to exercise to stop certain parts of my body from jiggling.
1) The waving arms………
2) The extra around my tummy….
3) The entire area between my knees and my waist…….

If you don't know what I’m talking about……..this “Jiggle Diary” post is NOT for you!
For the most part I am enjoying concurring the “jiggles”, loosing weight and getting fit. I love attending different exercise classes each week and making fitness a fun adventure.

Even though I am not an exercise die hard……I’ve attended many Swim Classes, Pilate Classes and Treadmill Team Workouts!
Oh how I wish my bloggy friends lived in the same town as me. Think of all the fun we could have doing these crazy classes together!




NO PAIN – NO GAIN, REALLY?? Three days ago I tried a NEW exercise class called “Soul Grooves”.
Our Health Club promotional flyer said:
"Leave your inhibitions at the door as you free your spirit and experience the joy of being alive! You will be able to express yourself and feel empowered through an easy to follow journey of various forms of dance and rhythmic movement. This class will invigorate your body while refining balance and posture. Let go of self judgment and expectations…just DANCE!"


I really left MY inhibitions at the door…..like the flyer said and had a blast.
However the flyer SHOULD have included a WARNING - -
“These dance moves will be of belly dance format and your butte will need to jiggle for the entire 60 minutes! First timers should allow THREE DAYS for pelvic pain recovery! To ease your pain - avoid stairs, sitting in chairs and any flirtatious activities with your husband for at least THREE DAYS. Then the pain should subside and you will be able to resuming normal activity!” *Of course if you attend both the Monday and Thursday Classes……you will NEVER recover! Be prepared for pain every day of your life! So buy a one level house, remove all chairs and never flirt with your husband.OK, maybe I’m a little whinny about this pain I’m in(tee-hee)! Did I get your sympathy yet?

Exercise Daily - Walk with the Lord: This exercise offers only benefits, no pain! Yipeeeeeeeeeee! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I propose an ammendment that bans all bathroom scales for people over the age 30 and big hips are in. Oh - then we still have to deal with jeans that won't button. Ouch.

Guess I'll keep exercising too.

Blessings-
Kathy L.

Anonymous said...

This is SO crackin' me up!!! I love it!! Yes...I'm sitting here reading your blog remembering a belly dance class I took several years ago. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who suffered pain after that class!! :)

You've inspired me again. I guess...sigh...I'll have to exercise and try to eat healthy...sigh....Man!!! I don't like getting older!!! Thanks for the funny post!!

LOL-
Barb

Front Porch Society said...

Had to chuckle at your description of the class! lol!!

Kristin said...

You are an inspiration. I am sure all of us have felt the after effects of working toward good health. You just have a great way of making vivid mental pictures.

Keep up the good work.

K




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved