Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Feeling insecure, have a weakness? Join the Club!

Pam’s Page 18 – “Family Life”
Some days we just need an encouraging word or even just a hug that says, “I Love You!”
We women can be very hard on ourselves. Often we compare ourselves to others and begin to feel very insecure.
We entertain thoughts like, “She’s a better wife, mother, business women, housekeeper and cook! She’s prettier, has better hair, better body, smarter and more fun than me!”
The crazy thing is…..none of us are perfect! We all have some insecurity in at least one arena of our life! EXAMPLE: You will know when I’m cooking because the Riley House Smoke Alarm goes off (tee-hee)! I’m over it…..we eat OUT a lot. No problem! :-)

Focusing on our weaknesses can delay our ability to have a happy home! Believing if we just tried harder, was more perfect, achieved more…….THEN we could be happy. THEN we could feel valued!


It’s easy to begin to feel very insecure about our weaknesses but no amount of achievement will eliminate these insecurities. No validation from our family or friends will totally eliminate these insecurities!



The only thing that has helped me deal with mine is to face them head on and ask God to help me use them to my advantage rather than my disadvantage. To be empowered by my weaknesses and use them to help others.

My insecurities help me to be more sensitive and discerning about other's insecurities. I can sense when someone needs an encouraging word or maybe a hug.

Sometimes I notice a woman feeling overlooked by others. So I’ll go out of my way to find something to compliment her on or say something to bring a smile to her face!

Occasionally I run into a rude woman and my initial reaction is to get miffed. But if I pause for just a moment, I can see under her tough exterior where a ton of insecurities rage. I’ll then choose to offer her compassion.

The most important part of facing my insecurities head on is to stop looking at others for my validation and truly learn to depend on God.

Many days I have prayed, "Lord I give you both my talents and my weaknesses today! You like me God and that is enough!"
JUDE 24-25 ~ "To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. ~Amen."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam-
Great post, I totally agree!
We are so quick I think as women to judge and equate ourselves with the outsides of others. If we step back and allow the real beauty to show it is amazing.
The real measure of worth is in God's eyes, not ours. If I can remember that, nothing else matters. It is in this promise I can go on sometimes.
Blessings,
Susan N.

Anonymous said...

Pam-You moved me to tears as I read your post. I just have been praying the past few days about where do I fit in, and needing to find a sense of belonging. It feels like my insecurities are overwhelming me lately.
I know that I can only find that in Him, but it still is difficult at times....

Thanks for your openness and encouragement.

Blessings,
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Great topic as always! Plus your pictures always make me smile!

I too can not cook, thank God my husband LOVES to cook....I just clean up his mess! Life is great!

LOL-
The Chatty Iowan

Front Porch Society said...

Believe it or not, I am not as "tough" as I appear on the outside. This post hit me dead on. Being a single woman makes it even tougher. Especially when other married women look down on me for my choice. So add that to the fact that I already see myself as not as beautiful, not as well-off, etc....well, I have a few insecurities. I feel inferior and unattractive and worthles sometimes after I read some of the blogs out there in blogland. Hence, the tough exterior I give off. It keeps people at a distance so I cannot be hurt.

Anonymous said...

I too seem to keep people at a distance because I feel inferior. I'm always comparing my looks to other young women and it has caused me to have an eating disorder. Even dating is hard because I tend to look for my validation from my date.
This post hit me dead on too.It reminds me to invest more time with the Lord and truly learn to depend on Him for total love.

Thank you for your mentorship, through this Blog.

Blessings-
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Pam, for a season, I worked for a man whose ego was totally out of control...the kind of person who felt better about himself by putting others down. So, until I had the courage to give that job to someone else, I kept this quote, from Eleanor Roosevelt, on my desk, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Pam,
Today I really needed to read that. I have done alot of comparing myself to other people. I have many times felt like I don't measure up, but life is too short to always feel bad. This week I had a mammogram done and they found two calcified spots on my left breast. The doctors want to wait six months to do another mamagram. The doctor is not too worried, just want to make sure no changes. I pray that everything turns out all right. Maybe it is just a reminder for me that life can change so quick and all we can do is be the best we can be. God loves us for who we are.
Thanks Pam for everything you do!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing and being completely honest with us. I have known you to be encouraging, and I have been on the receiving end.

I woke in the middle of the night a couple night's ago worrying about something I was to do. God said, you are good at what you do, so just get ready and do it. I smiled to my self, and I will give him the glory.

I will be working on being more sensitive to others, cause we all need encouragement.

Again, thank you for being lead to do your blog. Look forward to the uplifting, encouraging, loving and leading from you and all the other girl friends.

ac




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved