Friday, July 4, 2008

Blessings to our Military this 4th of July!

Pam’s Page 17 – “Friendship”Happy 4th of July to all my Blogging Friends!
I’d like to honor all our friends and family who have served in the Military! To thank God for those Men and Women, who were willing to pay a price so we all can enjoy our freedom today!

I’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU:
Please post a comment telling us who of your friends and family have served. Let us all pray a prayer of gratitude for their sacrifice.

*I was blessed to received this message below. I hope it touches your heart as much as it did mine!
- FREEDOM ISN’T FREE -
I watched the flag pass by one day, it fluttered in the breeze.

A young Marine saluted it, and then he stood at ease. I looked at him in uniform so young, so tall, so proud, with hair cut square and eyes alert he'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men like him had fallen through the years. How many died on foreign soil? How many mothers' tears!
How many pilots' planes shot down? How many died at sea? How many foxholes were soldiers' graves?

No, freedom isn't free!

I heard the sound of Taps one night, when everything was still. I listened to the bugler play and felt a sudden chill. I wondered just how many times that Taps had meant 'Amen,'
When a flag had draped a coffin of a son, husband, brother or a friend.
No, freedom isn’t free!

I thought of all the children, of the mothers and the wives, of fathers, sons and husbands with interrupted lives.
Of un-marked graves in Arlington.
No, freedom sure isn't free, but it's worth fighting for! So we are grateful for all the sacrifices our Military Families have made for this Country!!!!!!
Our family in Military Service – My father served in the Navy (Dad's picture above) as did my brother Steve. My brother Dave and Scott’s brother Jeff both served in the Army. Our son-in-law Tony is currently in the Army (picture of him, our daughter and granddaughter above). I took this picture just moments before he left to serve a year in Iraq. I can now say first hand, “Everyone connected to a Military Soldier pays a price when they go off to war! None of our lives are the same…..until they safely return, our prayers are passionate and our tears are many!”

How about YOUR loved ones who Served? Please post their names so we can honor them! To remember to thank them for protecting our Country. Thank them for their sacrifices………so we can celebrate the 4th of July.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Mom, I will be the first to comment on this beautiful post... I am so thankful for "My hero", that is, my husband Tony who currently serves our country in the US Army. I'm incredibly proud and honored to be his wife... he serves with integrity and courage, as Christ shines through him daily, on short-missions, and on the foreign battlefields.

Tony and I both are deeply thankful for those on both sides of our families who have gone before us; keeping our country free for us, our little ones, and generations to come. No, freedom sure isn't free, but it's worth fighting for!

So, from this grateful military wife, "Happy 4th of July!"

Front Porch Society said...

I lost a friend over in Iraq who was killed when a roadside bomb went off. And I still have friends over there fighting so we here in America can continue to enjoy our freedoms. War is ugly but the price of freedom is definitely not free.

kimkbidwell said...

Hi Pam!! I love the pics and wishes to the service people. I have a cousin Wesley, and his son Wesley jr both serving. Wesley jr is in Iraq. My cousin Wes was on base and they were hit by a terrible storm destroyed the building they were in but my cousin was not hurt thank God! Some others were. I am so very grateful that God made the special military people, a person i don't feel i could be. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for them and there sacrifice. My grandfather who passed away on St. Patty's day and also it was the very first day of holy week, 2 of his favorite holidays, served also. Lost eye sight because of it but continued to fish and teach us kids how to. I am forever grateful for that as well cuz i am passing that fun past time on to my children. Anyway, sorry i have not been on in so long...getting back to life here and loving it. The kids are doing really good after surgery and Praise God for no more bleeding in Sereen's throat. Nasty tonsils and adnoids!!!! Sending my love and tons of hugs,
Kim Bidwell

Kristin said...

This is a great blog. I have friends that have served in Desert Storm and then to Iraq and thanks to God came home safe. Any of them would have given their life for what they believe in back here on the home front.

Look at our flag with pride and say the pledge with gusto.

Thank you to everyone in the military.

Kristin




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved