Monday, March 31, 2008

Dance Like No One Is Watching...

Pam's Page 3 - "Family Life"
Fellow Moms-

You too have probably learned many things via your children. Ours are now young adults and I’m always blessed by our special time together!

Most weeks we have a little quality time with our son Willem and his girlfriend Stephanie. Scott and I cherish these family nights, popcorn and a movie.

Willem & Stephanie are a joy to be around. Often they will break out and swing dance in our kitchen, they don’t even need music playing! The smile on their faces seem to say, “I trust you will not judge my dance steps, only enjoy this moment!”

Recently it occurred to me that this is the way God wants me to dance through life. As long as my eyes are locked on His, I dance and He smiles.

It is not my perfect performance that captures His attention. Rather my complete dependence on Him. He then whispers, “Hold on to Me and what I say about you,” He says. “For my words are the truth of who you are and the essence of what you were created to be.” I then imagine Him pausing and, with tears in His eyes and a crack in His voice, He adds, “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).

His truth frees us from the chains of doubt and despair.

His truth frees us from feeling too unable and inadequate to try.

I want to be a woman who says yes to God.

I want to dance (live) like no one is watching, without fear of judgment!

Today's Prayer:Dear God,
Please expand my constricted mind.
Open my clouded eyes that I might see.
Do not allow me to escape my good.
Help me not to miss my life.
Prepare my heart for better things.

Amen

2 comments:

kimkbidwell said...

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!! \o/\o/\o/ Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! Love ya, kimkbidwell

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing.

And, um, can I borrow your son, just for a while, to teach my sons how to treat a girl. :-)

P.S. They are a gorgious couple!




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved