Monday, March 31, 2008

Slow Readers Can Still Win The Race!

Pam's Page 4 - "Finances"
I’ve often heard the statement that, “Leaders are Readers!” Your best chance for success is reading. Learn to earn. Read to succeed.

Initially that thought paralyzed me because it brought back memories of when I was in 2nd Grade. Every day I would have to go off to a special classroom for an hour. This classroom was for all the “slow readers” and it felt like I had a big “L” (loser) stamped on my forehead. Every day we “slow reader students” would be forced to read out loud to each other. I would stumble over even the simplest of words. I always thought, “Wouldn’t it be nice to be as intelligent as the rest of my class, the normal readers!”
By the end of that year, I had caught up and no longer had to visit the “special readers” room. However, the memory of that event has kind of stuck with me. This many years later…..I still don’t like to read in front of an audience, so I try to memorize or paraphrase most of my speeches (tee-hee)!

If “Leaders are Readers” are you and I dedicated to being life-long students?
1) Am I in God’s Word everyday?
2) How many books did you read last year?
3) How much TV time are you willing to convert to study time?
4) Will you read at least 20 minutes everyday?
5) Will you write at least 20 minutes everyday, begin to clarify your thoughts and ideas in writing?

>>>TAKING ACTION>>>Be doers of the Word, and not hearers only.” (James 1:22)
Choose at least one action you can take to become a better life-long student.

Write it down, commit to it, and start today!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That school story is so funny. You rock!

I had no idea you had ANY fears when you spoke in front of an audiance! Wow.....




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved