Friday, May 16, 2008

God has plans-NOT problems-for our lives!

Pam’s Page 11 – “Family Life”
OK, I have return to my computer and to my Blog!
I had a crazy full schedule the past 10 days, but top on my list of priority’s was my Mothers emergency health challenge! I'm excited to share the great thing our Lord has done for my Mother this past 10 days and what the Lord has been teaching me!

The school of life offers some difficult courses, but it is in the difficult class that one learns the most – especially when your teacher is the lord Jesus Himself.

I attended another such difficult class this past 10 days! I had my Mother in and out of two Emergency Rooms and two different Hospitals, getting test after test! She was in a “level 10 pain” for four days before a diagnosis was found! She is now in the recovery part (Praise God) of a medical condition called “Shingles”.

It was terrible watching my precious 80 yr old Mother (mentor & best friend) is such terrible pain, and feeling responsible to push each Doctor toward a quick solution!

I found comfort in Psalms 32:8I will teach you, and guide you in the way you should go. I will keep you under my eye.
I was reminded that, “God has plans-not problems-for our lives!” My faith is like radar which sees through the fog – the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see. So all the “fog” of the Hospitals and Doctors didn’t blind me……my faith gave me site and I was reminded that God had a plan for my Mother! I can trust HIM.

As I began to write this Post, I was reminded of words from Corrie Ten Boom. In her book “Tramp For The Lord” she writes.......

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors, He worketh steadily,
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
Not till the loom is silent, and shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful Weaver’s hand,
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

Although the threads of my life have often seemed knotted, I know, by faith, that on the other side of the embroidery there is a crown. As I have walked the world – a tramp for the Lord – I have learned a few lessons in God’s great classroom. Even as I share these things with those of you who read this book, I pray the Holy Spirit will reveal something of the divine pattern in God’s plan for you also!
PRAYER-Dear God,
Please impress upon me
the vision of whom I am meant to be.
Reveal to me the bigger life
that You would have me live.
Help me to view life as a classroom
and you as my Teacher!
To trust the plans You have for me!
Amen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you must be busy, I was checking your Blog everyday for a new post.
I have had a similar situation with my mother so I know how you feel! Praise God, you knew to use your eyes of faith and didn't live with fear! God does have plans, we just need to learn to trust!

Thank you for sharing, have a great day!

Blessings-
Kathy L.




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved