Saturday, May 24, 2008

Living life with enthusiasm, even for the flowers!

Pam’s Page 12 – “Family Life”Enthusiasm and excitement comes from believing for more good things in the days ahead, but it is also living in the moment and enjoying it to the hilt.....like celebrating the beauty of nature!

I was lacking yesterday morning-Have you ever woke up one morning and said, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I don’t have any drive. I don’t have any passion. I’m just going through the motions!”
Well, I have thought that on many mornings of my life, even yesterday morning! I woke up still tired and lacking any real passion for my day.
The truth is, much of life is routine, and we can become stagnant if we’re not careful. So I need to stir myself up, to replenish my supply of God’s good gifts on a daily basis. Like the Israeli people in the wilderness who had to gather God’s miraculous provisions of manna afresh each morning, we, too, cannot get by on yesterday’s supply. I need fresh enthusiasm each day! Our lives need to be inspired, infused, and filled afresh with God’s goodness every day!

Many years ago, I made a decision that I was not going to live another day without the joy of the Lord in my life; without love, peace, and passion; without being excited about my life! I understood that I didn’t have to have something extraordinary happen each day to be excited. I realized I could stir up my enthusiasm every day.

So I pulled myself out of bed-
I took my bowl of granola and went out on our patio to watch our dogs (The Babies) do their morning “thing” in the yard. Immediately I found my inspiration for the day, the supply of God’s good gifts! As I looked across our yard, I realized our Apple Trees were in full blossom! How gorgeous they look, after a hard cold Minnesota winter!










I walked over by our trees and began to focus on their massive amount of flowers! I started to remember the huge harvest of apples we had last year! I thought about the fun we will have watching the apples grow! The fun we will have giving bags of apples to all our friends and family this season. My grateful heart began to glow and once again – I was so encouraged and could start my day with enthusiasm!
Help Yourself – Encourage Yourself:
When everybody else is down and defeated, when you are all alone with nobody nearby to encourage you, simple encourage yourself. Our attitude can be: It doesn’t matter what anybody else does or doesn’t do, I’m going to live my life with enthusiasm! I’m going to stay on fire. I’m going to be aglow, even look for an Apple Tree to be grateful for! I’m going to be passionate about my life and seeing my dreams come to pass!PRAYER-
Dear God,
Please teach me
how to live each day with enthusiasm.
Show me how not to become
stagnant in my marriage,
with my children,
with my business
and serving you!
May I see beyond the routine
of life and replenish my supply
of manna everyday with
your help!
Amen

4 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

I have had a couple of those unmotivated days this past week. Temps dipped back down to the 40's and 50's and after coming back from 90's in SC, it is a struggle to get outside.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Pam. God can redeem anything -- even our stagnant attitude toward life -- but we need to make a daily choice to ask for that manna.
Blessings- Kathy L.

Anonymous said...

Stirring the pot of enthusiam takes a constant choice. It helps me to remember what is in my pot! My Husband, Children & Grandchildren, Friends & Family, each new day & star-filled night, my goals, dreams & gratitudes, and above all My Lord! It takes that constant stirring to keep these Blessings from becoming stagnant,ordinary & routine or dull! Charlie "Tremendous" Jones wrote: Enthusiams Makes a Difference! And I believe it does! God Bless, Jeanne

Kristin said...

I like knowing that Pam is human like the rest of us to make that choice every day. Sometimes I think that she was born with that get up and go. :)

Remember that if you are awake it is another blessing from God. We are responsible to find what he has planned for us. Go out and smell the apple blossoms.

Kristin




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved