Sunday, May 18, 2008

You - A Mighty Woman of Valor? Yeh-up……YOU!

Pam’s Page 11 – “Friendship”
Hello sweet girlfriends-


This morning I was reading about the story of Gideon in my Bible, and I thought of you. I wondered how many of you have sensed God has great plans for you, just like Gideon. Something big he has for YOU to do?

In Bible times an angel appeared to Gideon and said, "The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor.”
Believe it or not, that is how God sees you, too. He regards you as a strong, courageous, successful, overcoming woman!


Have you ever felt like me sometimes? Saying to God, “I’m not any of those things. I’m not really strong. I’m not successful enough. Courageous? Are you kidding? Me? God probably said those great things to Gideon because he was secure and confident, because he was a great leader.”
Not so! When the angel went on to tell Gideon how God wanted him to save the people of Israel from the Midianites, a vicious, pagan people who had overrun their land, Gideon showed his true colors. He replied, “How do you expect me to save the people of Israel? I come from the poorest family in all of Manasseh. And I am the least one of my father’s house.”
Sound familiar?But it’s interesting to note the difference between the way Gideon saw himself and the way God regarded him. Although Gideon felt unqualified, full of fear, and lacking in confidence, God still addressed him as a mighty man of valor. Gideon felt weak; God saw him as strong. Gideon felt unqualified; God saw him as competent to do the job. Gideon felt insecure; God saw him with enough confidence and boldness to lead His people into battle and come out with the victory. And Gideon did!

Similarly, God sees you and I as champions. We may not always see ourselves that way, but that doesn’t change God’s image of us.

Please consider this:
We can change the image we have of ourselves. How? We can start agreeing with God. Remember, God sees us as strong and courageous, as women of great honor and valor. He sees us as being more than a conqueror. He wants to use us in spite of our weaknesses.

CAN WE HEAR FROM YOU?If you have a certain Bible verse, that strengthens you...post it in the comments section below for all of us to see. Some of you may be like me and have different life verses for different seasons you've walked through with God. So, post the most meaningful one at this point in your life. Right now, mine is 2 Tim.1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of sound mind!"
PRAYER:Dear God,
Please impress upon me
the vision of whom I am meant to be.
Reveal to me the bigger life
that You would have me live.
Undo the forces that keep me bound
that I might serve You more.
Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to remind myself daily that God has great plans for me and to be patient; especially in our world of instant gratification. Every day I have to repeat Psalm 130:5 " I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."
God Bless-
Kathy L.

Fade to Black said...

It's interesting, isn't it, that the Hebrew words for valor/virtue are the same: chayil (masc.) and cheylah (fem,) but both mean strength, command of something. The Proverbs 31 woman is our model.
http://silentmornings.blogspot.com




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved