Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Surprising - Blessing a friend is always fun!

Pam’s Page 23 - “Friendship”
There are lots of things I love. In addition to the obvious - family, friends, meaningful conversations, eating, swimming, and eating some more……I also love to surprise people on their Birthdays. It’s fun to do these simple acts of kindness!

Friday night Scott and I went out to Bennigan’s Restaurant with dear friends and business associates. We had just missed one of their Birthdays……so I had Birthday Napkins and a Musical Card hidden in my purse!

After a fabulous supper, the waitress brought out a Special Bakers Square Pie…..I had dropped off earlier in the day. Our dear friend Tim (the Birthday Boy) was so surprised, he grinned ear-to-ear. Yummmmmmmmmy!

However, the real fun surprise was when all the staff filed out of the kitchen singing “Happy, Happy Birthday!”

Hmmm...as I recall we all watched Tim turn about 7 shades of red (tee-hee)! It was the perfect ending to a perfect day……blessing a dear friend!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:I know that Jesus asks us to do random acts of kindness in secret...so...let's think about those sweet times someone randomly did something special for us.

Oh how these seemingly small tasks have touched me more than I could ever totally express.

I've had friends randomly:
-buy me a book
-call me just to say 'hi' and hear my voice, then do it again the next day
-tell me that, “You inspire me!
-help me carry things to my car
-listen to me ramble and ramble some more (tee-hee)
-help me organize a function, with out being asked

AND... I even had one friend who told me that I was beautiful in a birthday card. That's all she wrote – “Pam, you are beautiful, inside and out.” Her random act of kindness through her written words stayed in my heart for months. Months I tell you! Imagine that. I am beautiful inside and out! That was back in March, and I'm still feeling pretty!

So why wait. I think that today is a good day for us to do something very random and very kind.

For someone. For anyone. Just because.

It's the perfect way to spread the light and love of Jesus.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

This is awesome! Today is Kendra Bidwell-Mohlenbrock's birthday. Happy Birthday Kendra! She may not have a chance to read the blog. We used to do big parties for our birthdays. As the years pass they seem to start to vanish into another day.

If it were not for our birthday we would not be here. So bless as many people on their day as you can. Even if it is belated let them know you remember their special day.

Pam that was very cool what you did for Tim. I have never seen you not make someone feel special.

Anonymous said...

It was nice of you to share this message.
I was blessed just last week on my 73rd. With my husband in a TCL, some family and friends joined us at the dining room at the facility and it was more of a show of support and love for us through these times, what with the homemade huge German Chocolate Cake made by our daughter, it was just right for all that gathered.

The staff enjoyed the fun time with us.

My need was to show the Love of Christ to all that were there,
and that HE is working in our life.




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved