Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Best Gift for Your Husband!

Pam’s Page 6- “Family Life”Hello my blogging sisters-

Okay, you might need to grab some tissues for this one. These are great words from a women explaining how to love a husband. This women is not perfect, but she had a perfect marriage!
This women is my Mother, one of my greatest mentors-She and Dad were married for 57 years. Their love was an open book for all to see and hear! My whole life growing up, was spent watching them gaze into each others eyes....with that longing look that says - I love you! Always saying sweet kind words to each other! Always holding hands and kissing, no matter who else was in the room.

Their marriage was an awesome testimony for all to see, even up to the moment Dad took his last breath! He went to Heaven in August 2005.

Prior to that Dad had 12 years of sickness, many issues like open heart surgery following strokes, ect. The toughest challenge was that he had developed Dementia (a form of Alzheimer’s). This made his personality change drastically and he was no longer the man we knew! He became much more like a little child only in a man’s body! Needing help with everything; walking, eating, bathing, dressing and thinking (great memory loss).

Mom managed to care for him at home for the first 6 years, despite all advice to put him in the Nursing Home. In his confused state, one morning (2:00am) he decided to undress himself and walked out the front door wearing nothing more than underwear. It was snow season and the temperature was well below zero. If we had not heard the front door slam…..Dad would have frozen to death that morning. So after 6 years she was forced to place him in the Nursing Home, for his own safety. There is where he lived out his last 6 years, with Mom visiting at least 3 times every day!

So what does a women who has faced such hardship and loss have to say to other wives?

I titled this post the "The Best Gift for Your Husband" because when wives love their husbands this way, no purchased gift could ever top any one of these suggestions.

One picture is the day my Mom married the man of her dreams. The other picture was taken one week before he passed on. A love that grew deeper with time!My Mom shares words of wisdom with all us other wives...........
Hold your husband while you can! Hold him tightly. Hold his hand. Listen to his heart. Look into his eyes. Look at him across the room with that longing, I love you look. Kiss him more often.

Be completed by his wonderful differences. Capture the magic and share the thrill of it all. Let the little things go by--I promise they just don’t matter.

Put some perfume on and smell good for him. Fix him his favorite meals more often. Give a hand written, card with sweet words in it. Find out his favorite movie and share it with him. Turn the food channel off and turn the fishing channel on. Let him hold the remote.

Surprise him with something good, maybe a new silky nightee!

Share the moment...it might not last long.

Pray over his health, his hopes, his dreams and his desires!

Let God do something new in your lives together.

No husband is perfect and there is a long list of things men need to know about women, but I can tell you that you don't want to focus on his weaknesses. Life is too short!
A WIFES PRAYER:Dear God,
Please help me to love my husband more!
Help me view him through new eyes.
Teach me patience and understanding.
Melt the walls in front of my heart.
Remove my fears of the past
and restore my joy,
that I might love again.
Amen

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Mom, this was beautiful... thank you and Grandma Ethel for being such fantastic role-models in the godly wife department. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Pam-
I've only know you for a few month's but feel like this Blog has helped me to know you very quickly. Since reading these letters I have been stretched in a different way than normal. Not so much in just head knowledge but in the actually doing something with it.

Keep them coming!

God Bless-
Kathy




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved