Thursday, April 17, 2008

Will YOU take my 90 Day Restoration Challenge?

Pam’s Page 7 – “Friendship”

OK Girlfriends, here comes the almost NAKED truth!



Hollywood created this Cellulite Beach Beauty for the movie “Big Momma”! I must say- I relate to this picture, because it has been my self-portrait too many times to count! Though I was never this large, I felt like I was!




I hid in our hotel room at too many beautiful resorts to count. I missed opportunities to swim in the ocean with Scott and our kids, because I didn’t want to take off my cover-up! Too concern of what others might think of me! Those are moments in my life that I can't get back. I missed those opportunities, all because my self-concept was low!


Who do you think you are?We probably should all ask the question, “When I look in the mirror do I love what I see? Am I - my own best cheerleader or my own worst critic?” I sure have not always liked what I saw in the mirror! Our self-portrait may or may not be an accurate reflection of who we really are, but it is how we perceive ourselves to be.

Unquestionably, a healthy self-image is one of the key factors in the success and happiness of any women! The reason our self-concept is so important: You will probably speak, act, and react as the person you think you are. You will most consistently perform in a manner that is in harmony with the image you have of yourself. Your mind will complete the picture you tell it to paint of yourself.



Can you honestly say,Thank You, Father, for creating me the way You did. I know that You have a purpose and a plan for me, and I’d rather be me than any other person on earth. You have promised that You have good things in store for me, and I can’t wait to discover them!”
If you had trouble believing those words: You might want to take my April 2008 Restoration Challenge! A challenge NOT just about weight loss (my issue)! A challenge about ANY issue you are having with your Self-Portrait!
MY 90 DAY RESTORATION CHALLENGE TO YOU: We can all start over today saying, “I am responsible for my own life. No one can take charge of it but me. If I am unhappy or unhealthy, I know I have the power to change that. I have all the help and knowledge I need, and with God’s hand today I start becoming the person of Excellence I have always known I could be!”I will focus at overcoming…………


MY PERSONAL 90 DAY RESTORATION FOCUS: I have struggled with weight issues a bunch in the past 15 years, as a matter of fact – I am right now at my heaviest weight! I did however break bad habits 7 years ago (pictures below). If I did it before, I can do it again! I will do the little things each day to care for my body and soul, and let God be my constant companion on this journey. Here is the proof. Combine nutritional help with positive lifestyle changes like regular exercise. To feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.



IMPORTANT- I do not wear or promote two piece swim suits. I bought these suites at a Consignment Store, so my Husband and I could record my actual results! I did not go out in public (yikes) wearing either of these suits! I never planned on even showing them to you, my girlfriends! However, as I was writing this Post……God seemed to be prodding me.
Before Picture Taken: Aug.13,2000
After Picture Taken: Nov.8,2000

I was 45 yrs old when I took this 90 Day Challenge. For me it needed to be about my health! So I loss 21 lbs of body fat and dropped 3 dress sizes.


My first obstacle was believing that I had the power to change my bad habits! I used my "before picture" as my reality check point!



Today's Nugget:
*Book- “Look Great & Feel Great” by Joyce Meyer
Do you have any idea how valuable you are? If you suffer from self-doubt or self-hatred, if you abuse your body with bad food or bad habits, even if you simply put yourself at the very bottom of the list of people you do things for, under the kids and spouse and parents and business and friends, then you do not understand your own value. If you did, you wouldn’t treat yourself that way!
God has a great future planned for you and you need to be ready for it! You need to be looking great and feeling great, ready to do whatever God asks you to do.
1 Corinthians 6:19 – Do you not know that your body is a temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received (as a gift) from God? You are not your own.


Will YOU take this Challenge with ME? If you are taking this 90 Day Restoration Challenge, post it in the comments section below for all of us to see. Please remember it is NOT just about weight loss, it’s about overcoming any type of critical self-concept you might see in the mirror. This is not “True Confession” where you need to share the exact details of your Restoration Focus. That is between you and God! No before and after pictures (tee-hee)! I will post a “Restoration Update” on May 20th, June 20th and the Final one July 20th. You can share any additional comments at that time, as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, your willingness to share your heart with other women is so refreshing. Yes, I want to join you in being more. No swimsuit pictures for me thought. You touch all areas for women with your blog. Thanks, Elaine

Front Porch Society said...

You will be in my prayers as you take on this 90 day challenge. :)

I have been lifting weights, running, hiking, rock climbing, adn swimming for years but it wasn't until just this January that I began to pay closer attention to the foods I eat. My chiropractor has been holding seminars on the "un-diet" where you learn what foods you should be eating at certain times of the day. Carbs in the morning, protein/few carbs at noon, and nothing but protein in the evening. Lots and lots of veges anytime, and fruits are to be eaten more so in the morning and a few at noon. This the basic concept of the "un-diet."

It really works, too! My body feels healthier when it follows this eating pattern. It has more to do with eating foods at certain times rather than just eliminating certain foods as so many diets say you must do.

Oops! Sorry to take up so much comment space! :)

Anonymous said...

Pam, I am thrilled to be a part of this challenge. I began my own 2 1/2 weeks ago. My challenge is to meet my goals of eating healthy and exercising. I do weigh and measure myself once a week,but since I cannot control those things, I have no set goal. I would love to weigh what I did when I got married but that is not the goal. I really need the self talk. I had a dream that someone told me I was "hot". That is what I am now telling myself. Love to be on this journey with you. Gretchen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! I am up for the challenge. . .I have tried for years to get control of my weight & have been successful at times. But I now am dealing with diabetis & high blood pressure. It is time to get control of this area of my life for good!! God Bless you for putting this challenge out there for all of us! Love Ya! Jeanne




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved