Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friends Don't Let Friends Paint Alone!

Pam’s Page 6- “Friendship”Tuesday was an exciting day!

Elizabeth Keene and her husband Ken, just took possession of their new home.

They had been renting for many years and always dreamed of how great it would be to have a place of their own someday, out in the country. Through no plan of their own, God moved and blessed them with this dream-come-true! They closed on the house Monday of this week.


Sandy Teig and I were excited to arrive Tuesday morning, and share in the fun! Elizabeth pulled nails and took off hardware so Sandy and I could begin. Soon paint and paintbrushes were flyin! What awesome girlfriend fun! FYI- I did not get paint on Sandy’s jeans, and I’m sticking to that claim!












I discovered something I never knew about Sandy. If you don’t give her chocolate when she paints at your home, she gets really whinny! Elizabeth had to beg her contractors to pick up chocolate on their way back from the lumber yard, they initially thought she was kidding…..but Sandy doesn’t kid about chocolate!
We also had fun calling Barb Alviar to sing Happy Birthday. Sandy offered to be her Personal Assistant (carry bags, do her hair and nails) on Barb’s next trip out of the country. It seems Barb thinks she can handle those things JUST FINE, without Sandy’s help!

Ken said the blessing over the first meal in The Keene Farmstead. He had stopped by with pizza’s on his lunch break and it was a fun celebration!















Ken and Elizabeth should be moved in by the end of this month, once all the work is complete.

They are so excited to share their new home with everyone!
Elizabeth is already planning a “Customer Appreciation Open House" the first week-end in May! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Elizabeth’s Prayer:
Dear God,
I give You
praise and thanks
for the many blessings in our life,
and specifically our new home!
May all who enter here be blessed!
We give you the credit and the glory, Lord.
Thank you Father for answered prayer.
AMEN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool how God moved to have Elizabeth & Ken where he wanted them when he wanted them there! He is a Father that loves to bless his children, in his perfect time!

Love-
The Chatty Iowan

Anonymous said...

Pam-Call me anytime you need help painting! I'll even bring my own chocolate.

Staying-
Anonymous
(just so you don't REALLY call)

sandy said...

Okay, it is time I set the story straight. I don't whine when I don't get chocolate. Its just that I am a happier painter when it is within reach on my ladder!

Sandy




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved