Thursday, November 6, 2008

Love & Teamwork!

Pam’s Page 25 – “Family Life”

For many years of my life there has been two common questions I have been asked, “How do you keep up with all that goes on in your busy life? or "How can you run a business with you Husband?”

My Response………

First - “Avoid Guilt”
I have to say that most of us have days where we feel guilty about things that have fallen through the cracks and I am no exception. So I attempt to keep my goals high enough to stretch me; but not so high as to position myself to fail. I've also learned to not be afraid to say no…..especially when it doesn't fit right in line with my top priorities.

Secondly – “Family”I was raised in a family that’s motto was – “Family is Love & Teamwork!” I heard that so often as a child…..it stuck with me after I was married and we had Sheri and Willem!

So to be in business with my husband was an answer to a childhood dream!
To enjoy LOVE & TEAMWORK in all aspects of my life! I think it is important to note that God has uniquely empowered Scott and I to be very effective Business Partners, in addition to husband and wife! We do see everything that we do…….as a family calling. We’re both very verbal people (no surprise to my blogging friends). So we spent a lot of time discussing what works and what doesn't; as well as what each of our expectations are and how to creatively meet those needs. No matter what unique calling your family may have, I encourage you to open up and talk about things. Learn to work as a Team!

Thirdly – “Time Out With Friends”My desire is to reach out and touch God’s people with His love…..and that requires a different mindset. It’s having a “to-do-list” but at the same time…..being flexible. I’ve learned to multi task, but also attempt to give you my undivided attention at a moments notice. It’s taking the time to enjoying the friends that God has placed in our life! Celebrating your lives together! Like last weekend in Kansas City (Scott, Jeremy, Dan, myself and Sandy)! What awesome fellowship!





Lastly – “My Secret”
I will let you in on a little secret – I have planned “Escapes” on my calendar! These “Escapes” are strategically placed in my life! These are moments (hours, a day, a week) that I plan to isolate myself and enjoy 100% rebuild time! These “Escapes” are the moments in time that I know I can just enjoy Scott and our family! During these “Escapes” the cell phone, the emails, the business, and all else are put on hold! These awesome “Escapes” have kept balance in my life and have been my secret weapon to maintaining my top priority….”A Family of Love & Teamwork!”

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love your "escapes". I have been thinking about my last 3 months. I realized that Todd and I have not had the "escape" time together. I can tell when we do not spend enough quality time together. I am sure those of you reading this that are married know what I mean.
We have decided with the weather being predicted as poor for tomorrow we are having a date night and watching movies together.
To "escape" in this sense is to get away from the rest of the world. Neither of us have been home much and miss being together there.

God bless.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

This is so meaningful, the importants to get the "excape time" in our family relatons.

We as a couple have spent more time together these past 3 months, and have worked together with like goals. We had the help of our children (all adults now) in our home and it was a great growth and escape time. (We saw that we did good during those growing up years with them) Thank you Jesus!! We did do a lot of laughing, talking, and helping each other.

Of course there could be better times to learn to work together and have the "escape time" together, but feel that this was for us.
Next on the list is the get away "escape time" for Gene & I. Working on that.

AC




It's what makes a house a HOME!

It's what makes a house a HOME!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!

We are in each others LIFE for a reason!




Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2015 • All Rights Reserved